Why Residential Construction is Ripe for On-Demand Disruption
With a record year for the on-demand industry in 2016, the big prediction for 2017 is that on-demand companies will expand to new industries.
That’s happening now in residential construction. For too long residential construction has been plagued with going over budget, not meeting deadlines and plainly losing money primarily due to lack of communication.
Most contractors do not use project management software to keep their jobs in-line.
95% of all residential remodel projects end up in frustration. Homeowners go into a project excited about their contractor only to soon be in the dark about what is going on.
The new on-demand startup “Project Buddy” http://www.projectbuddyservices.com is the 1st of its kind and planning to revolutionize the industry: Creating completely transparent transactions between homeowners and contractors. Simply put, Project Buddy helps organize projects.
“After years of consulting in the construction industry I found that almost every job had a point where the client thought they were being cheated, it was almost always due to a simple lack of communication. Construction remodel projects are very organic and change daily. I started Project Buddy to help both Contractor and client stay up-to-date on a weekly basis.”
Project Buddy, from PGN Design Group, works with a cloud-based construction software that all parties have access to with their smartphone, tablet or computer. Project Buddy finally makes it easy for homeowners to follow the progress of their construction project from anywhere and makes it easy for contractors to keep their clients updated on day-to-day progress of their projects. It works with 5 easy steps.
- Upload project information to Project Buddy cloud-based software
- Take daily photos of the project
- Create daily work logs
- Contact all contractors, subs and architects for scheduling purposes
- Create an “end-of-week” report for the project
So who’s doing the actual work? Numerous “buddies” manage jobs in the areas that they live in. They can work as much or as little as they want. Think of it as the Uber for Project Managers.
The site will work on weekly contracts so that there is no big commitment from homeowners or buddies. For contractors, there’s no need to hire and train full-time employees only to have the burden of their salaries on the books when it gets slow.
At the end of each week, clients have the ability to either “opt-in” if they like the service or “opt-out” and we’ll see you on the next one!
Project Buddy will have the ability to do one or all of their jobs. The company is poised to disrupt the residential construction industry by helping smaller companies with growth, and larger companies with quality control. The price is $500/week for most projects, cheaper than the cost of a laborer sweeping up the site!
Why Use Them?
- Lost Time = Lost Money
- Cloud-based Software = Transparency, 24/7 access from any device.
- Organize contractor = Get Job Done!
- Weekly contracts = No Big Commitment
- One low rate for any size project
Project Buddy has launched in Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay area with expansion to other major cities in the U.S. later in the year.
- Contractors/Developers – Instead of carrying a payroll employee as a superintendent, we can replace that cost, and we have no problem with working for 1 week..
- Real Estate Agents – You know all of the Wholesalers, Flippers and Homeowners doing remodels, refer our service and receive a $500 referral for each.
- Architects – You work with homeowners and flippers too, with our service, you can monitor the project remotely and not get left out of the circle. Refer our service and receive a $500 referral for each.
- Hard Money Lenders – We can act as a 3rd party service provider that can be financed and used as a kind of “insurance policy” Lenders can require their borrowers to use Project Buddy, and they‘ll always know what’s going on with the project! Two words – Accountability Partner. Protect their loans. Less foreclosures will increase bottom-line.
- Owner Builders – You want someone to babysit the work-site, and you don’t want the job! We’ll help week-to-week, until you don’t need us anymore! You can see all the progress on your smartphone or preferred device, and read the notes left by the Buddy. Perfect Communication!
Book us for one job, for one week and you will quickly see how easy and smooth your job/s will run.
Find out more about getting a project managed today! www.projectbuddyservices.com
Or Call Greg Direct – 858-386-0949