Zoned RD 1.5 – Build Up To Five Units
In the Heart of North East Los Angeles!
340 N. Ave 51 Los Angeles, CA 90042
This is a nice opportunity to develop a large lot in Northeast Los Angeles (NELA).
This is a hot area, with a large amount of development going on by investors and builders.
It will be delivered vacant, which is always our first concern.
There is value in this project, whichever strategy you initiate.
We have been told that you can build up to five (!) units on this large lot, but do you own due diligence with the city.
Take a look at the numbers:
– existing single-family home, 3 beds and 1 bath, is 1314 sf
– great lot size! 8242 sf
– closing date is August 30
– EMD is $10,000
– Purchase Price is $765,000
Why is Residential Construction is Ripe for On-Demand Disruption?
With a record year for the on-demand industry in 2019, the big prediction for 2020 is that on-demand companies will expand to new industries.
This is happening now in residential construction. A common issue with residential construction is going over budget, not meeting deadlines and plainly losing (wasting) money primarily due to lack of communication.
Most contractors do not use project management software to keep their jobs in-line.
95% of all residential remodel projects end up in frustration. Homeowners go into a project excited about their contractor only to soon be in the dark about what is going on.
Check out: The new on-demand startup “Project Buddy” http://www.projectbuddyservices.com is the 1st of its kind and planning to revolutionize the industry: Creating completely transparent transactions between homeowners and contractors. Simply put, Project Buddy helps organize projects.
“After years of consulting in the construction industry I found that almost every job had a point where the client thought they were being cheated, it was almost always due to a simple lack of communication. Construction remodel projects are very organic and change daily. I started Project Buddy to help both Contractor and client stay up-to-date on a weekly basis.”
Project Buddy, from PGN Design Group, works with a cloud-based construction software that all parties have access to with their smartphone, tablet or computer. Project Buddy finally makes it easy for homeowners to follow the progress of their construction project from anywhere and makes it easy for contractors to keep their clients updated on day-to-day progress of their projects. It works with 5 easy steps.
- Upload project information to Project Buddy cloud-based software.
- Take daily photos of the project.
- Create daily work logs.
- Contact all contractors, subs and architects for scheduling purposes.
- Create an “end-of-week” report for the project.
So who’s doing the actual work? Numerous “Buddy’s” manage jobs in the areas that they live in. They can work as much or as little as they want. Think of it as the “Uber for Construction Projects“.
The service will operate on weekly contracts so that there is no big commitment from homeowners or Buddy’s. For contractors, there’s no need to hire and train full-time employees only to have the burden of their salaries on the books when it gets slow.
At the end of each week, clients have the ability to either “opt-in” if they like the service or “opt-out” and we’ll see you on the next one!
Project Buddy will have the ability to do one or all of their jobs. The company is poised to disrupt the residential construction industry by helping smaller companies with growth, and larger companies with quality control. The price is $497/week for most projects, cheaper than the cost of a laborer sweeping up the site!
Why Use Them?
- Lost Time = Lost Money
- Cloud-based Software = Transparency, 24/7 access from any device.
- Organize contractor = Get’s the Job Done on time and on-budget!
- Weekly contracts = No Big Commitment
- One low rate for any size project (single-family or multi-family)
Project Buddy has launched in Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay area with expansion to other major cities in the U.S. later in the year.
- Contractors/Developers – Instead of carrying a payroll employee as a superintendent, we can replace that cost, and we have no problem with working for 1 week..
- Real Estate Agents – You know all of the Wholesalers, Flippers and Homeowners doing remodels, refer our service and receive a $497 referral for each.
- Architects – You work with homeowners and flippers too, with our service, you can monitor the project remotely and not get left out of the circle. Refer our service and receive a $497 referral for each.
- Hard Money Lenders – CLOSE MORE LOANS. We can act as a 3rd party service provider that can be financed and used as a kind of “insurance policy” Lenders can require their borrowers to use Project Buddy, and they’ll always know what’s going on with the project! Two words – Accountability Partner. Protect their loans. Fewer foreclosures will increase bottom-line. No COST to the Lender – You can build it into the loan (its a cost of doing business)
- Owner Builders – You want someone to babysit the work-site, and you don’t want the job?
- We’ll help week-to-week until you don’t need us anymore! You can see all the progress on your smartphone or preferred device, and read the notes left by the Buddy. Perfect Communication!
Book us for one job, for one week and you will quickly see how easy and smooth your job/s will run.
Find out more about our services TODAY www.projectbuddyservices.com
Or Call Greg Direct – 323-632-3279
Large R3 Property in L.A. County Area!
$17K PRICE REDUCTION!
Take a second look at this great L.A. County property now that we’ve negotiated a nice price reduction.
It’s a single-family home on a 9200+ sf lot, perfect for building multiple units. There are apartments and other multi-family properties on the same block, and this property is primed for development!
Here are the details:
Existing single family home is 3+2- 1306 square feet
Lot size 9233 sf
EMD is $10,000
Closing date is July 23
Strategy is to build multiple units and hold for income or sell once built and/or occupied
Purchase Price is now just $475,000
*ACCESS IS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY*
510 E. 48th Street Los Angeles, CA 90011
Here’s a duplex in L.A. near USC! The property is zoned LAR2, and is currently rented at below market rents, which is one reason we obtained the large discount from list price. The tenants can be relocated with the proper allowance, so take that into account when doing the math.
It’s a very nice street on the north end of South L.A., and has potential to be a great long-term income property once fixed and rented.
Here are the details:
– existing two units 1/1 up and 2/1 down- 2168 square feet- lot size 5480 sf- EMD is $10,000- closing date is July 23- tenants paying just $500 each ($1000 total)
– Purchase Price is $450,000 (it’s currently listed for $510,000)-
Remodel cost guesstimate $80,000-ARV around $630,000
- Quick Close options 1-2 weeks possible.
- Funds for Improvements – Cashout for Investments OK!
- Business Purpose use for Funds OK.
- Bank Turndowns are OK
- Bankruptcy is OK
- No Docs
- 12-24 months No-Prepay
- Owner Occupied is OK – up to 5 yrs Fixed
- Long-term hold loans for good credit & low rates (4%-7%)
- Luxury Loans to $15,000,000
- Interest reserves & Closing costs can be included in the loan if you have the equity for Fix and Flip only.
- Refinance and Purchase loans Available
- No Credit, No Doc, No Verified income for Foreign Nationals, living abroad is OK
- No Tax Returns, Non-Warrantable Condo’s are OK
- 30 yr fixed options are available
- Stated Loans Available
- No Source / Seasoning needed for loan approval
- Cross Collateral structure funding with existing properties in portfolio
- Current Renovation in Progress is OK.
- Construction to Permanent is OK
- Multi-Family, Commercial loans OK
- Nationwide Lending, Case-by-Case Decisions based on complete scenario!
Leave Your Loan Request Inquiry Below Today!
In September 2017, I received a referral from a Real Estate Agent colleague in San Diego, his friend in Cleveland Ohio needed funding for a property that purchased for cash back in July 2017 for $80,000 cash. They purchased the property to be used for a special needs daycare center (special use)
While using personal funds to finance a total interior remodel, they demo/gutted the inside of the property, with this being their first project, they were not prepared for the unexpected expenses that presented themselves.
Their rehab was north of $60,000.
They purchased the property for cash, so the equity should available, right?
In simple terms, yes – but because of these factors the marketability of a potential loan became more difficult:
- Location of the asset
- Asset type (special use) not just a regular tenant rental, it’s residential used as a business.
- Value of Asset (As-Is value was only $75K) most fix/flip hard money loan minimums are $150k
- Owner/Borrower has 650 Fico, no previous experience flipping homes or land-lording.
- This was a long-term Hold, but lenders who offer long-term financing at reasonable rates will only loan to stable assets, so she needed a two-step solution.
- Gutting the property destroyed the chances of simply cash-out refinancing because the lender immediately required an appraisal inspection!
- Getting a lender to approve the refinance knowing the borrower has no previous history of completing rehabs.
- Getting a lender to approve the loan knowing the borrower has no reserves! They underestimated their rehab, and needed the funds to complete the renovation. How will they repay the loan?
- Developing an exit strategy for the fix/flip loan included adding a co-signor, who also needed to be added to the business LLC.
- We applied in the name of the LLC with a very well-known lender, the rate was higher than we preferred, but the points were reasonable and they provided the requested cash-out to complete the rehab and reserve 12 months’ worth of interest payments so she didn’t have to worry about that. Everything was going smoothly, we had title complete, ARV appraisal came in at $160K!
I immediately fist-pumped, and did my “celebration/money” dance & awaited the imminent closing date!
The following days we had a term sheet with $15,000 cash to close as a condition? This included points, closing costs and reserves requirement! The proposed loan amount was $80,000, so I convinced her that we needed to raise the funds from somewhere!
Her father stepped up earlier in the process to qualify for the exit loan as a co-borrower, he has a 700+ fico score. To qualify for the 7.5% rate with 30 yr. fixed or 7/1 ARM with 30-day refi seasoning, you need to have a solid 660+ Fico. I offered to help them land unsecured funding to deposit to their business account to show reserves, they weren’t happy about paying the fees or the unexpected panic to perform, but reluctantly applied for and received $90k+ in personal unsecured funding from 6 different vendors.
We were ready to close the loan, when the lender suddenly backed out, saying that the DSCR was just short of qualifying?! They didn’t have they act together, it was a gross error from the underwriting team, and my account rep couldn’t get the exception approved.
It was heart-breaking. Three weeks were spent. Now it’s mid-October, in Ohio they are facing the bitter Mid-West snowy winter, and she can’t afford to slow down on the rehab..
She was blessed to have the cards to take care of expenses, however, because the cards came in her dad’s name, it wasn’t easy to convince them to let the cards go! Her parents feared that she would rack up unsecured debt that she couldn’t pay down. Ultimately destroying her father’s credit.
My team and funding partner located her a great loan, they agreed to take the rehab bid we put together, ARV appraisal, title work and loan package, it was already packaged and should’ve been a slam-dunk!
She used the credit card she received to pay a small application fee, and they announced a closing date. Unfortunately, it took about 3 weeks longer to get it done, meanwhile, honestly I’m getting nervous – my client called me with her husband on the line and they were concerned as well.
I reassured her that I knew these guys would close & that her case was very solid!
She explained the situation with the credit cards and her inability to use them.
I coached her on how to explain the importance of intent. The whole reason we are applying for multiple forms of funding is to complete the rehab at any cost!
This is your future business location. And until you complete the rehab, you are losing time & money.
Use the unsecured funds to pay your contractors and buy material, when this refi goes through, pay the lines of credit off! But have faith.
She complained that she felt bad bringing her parents into it and that she wanted to stop altogether! She was very discouraged.
I reminded her why she started! You are trying to provide a better lifestyle for your family and it requires sacrifice and your dad stepped up to help his little girl!
Don’t fail him by quitting in the middle of your plan! Continue to execute.
And she did.
Over the next couple weeks waiting in anticipation she racked up some hefty invoices from her contractor and was prepared to pay them via her unsecured credit when BOOM suddenly “Clear to Close” came across our emails, with loan docs and estimated HUD for review and signing to be completed a few days later.
- The process taught her a lot about financing, she learned how to qualify for fix/flip and buy/hold loans, as well as unsecured funding.
- She had her father add her as an authorized user on all of the trade lines, so now she’ll get her own cards for easy access, she’ll build her credit score through positive history (piggy-backing) and paying all of the lines down again!
- She received $90k unsecured financing in 3 weeks, then $75,000 3-4 weeks later @ 12% for 12 months, she received a lump sum at the table, and she has submitted a couple draws already for reimbursement. You complete the work – submit an invoice after you (take before /after pictures), then the 3rd party company reviews, approves and wires the money to your business account in 24-48 hrs.
- She now has 6 trade lines that added $90k to her ratios, and if she keeps utilization down under 30%-40% it’ll raise her score to 700+ also with another mortgage trade line, she would be soon staring at an 800+ fico score!
- Because we added her dad to the LLC, I’m focused next on helping them create a strong business profile with multiple business lines of credit of $200k-$500k over the next 12 months. These lines will allow them 100% access to borrowing down on the lines without affecting their business credit rating! She can open another daycare center by early 2019, or flip some properties in the area (if they choose).
- Finally, since she’s been working on the property the whole time, she estimates being complete with the Refi by mid-January, immediately applying for the refinance into the 30-yr. fixed. The lender has already reviewed her property details, personal credit and financials and pre-approved them, additionally since the 1st payment isn’t due until January for the current loan, she has a great chance to only make 1-2 payments at 12%.
In the end, my team and I were successful at providing a couple rounds of funding for a well-deserved client. We have a long-term solution in place that she can self-sustain and scale up if preferred.
At Fix and Flippers, we approach each potential deal on a case-by-case basis. It’s helpful to remember that we are very active in the market and possess resources that may not be advertised or previously mentioned.
We help clients with credit repair, credit enhancements, traditional and non-traditional funding, both secured and unsecured. We pair up investors to structure successful joint venture partnerships.
We prefer an on-going working relationship with our clients to offer advice, consulting and resources.
We welcome Brokers and Facilitators to partner with us. You will be protected.
What an amazing year for private funding, hard money, commercial funding, equity funding, business funding, unsecured funding; all kinds of capital for many purposes.
Lenders are stepping up to make loans in ravaged areas in Florida & Texas, as well as nationwide in major urban areas.
Fix and Flippers works with key lending partners to provide the best loan terms and flexible structures so investors have multiple options for leveraging their hard-earned capital.
The climate of private lending has changed because competition has greatly increased, also the influx of 1st-time flippers hungry to get a piece of the pie has produced a perfect storm: lots of inexperienced & unqualified applicants to pre-screen and underwrite – it’s a very expensive operation if you have your underwriters, processors, and assistants burning through hours of documents if they don’t lead to real closes with ROI for the investors involved & for the brokers who bring the business.
This has resulted in more restrictive requirements for approval such as Fico score minimums – from my experience, they question why a successful businessperson who is worthy of a risk of $100k-$1M wouldn’t be able to pay even $1000 to repair and clean up their credit? Also, please don’t mention 2008 or the past economic events – they don’t want to hear that! It’s 2017.. Bottom line – without 650+ fico scores expect high-interest rates (9-12%) and lower LTV’s due to you being a credit risk (80%-85% LTV max)
What mitigates your credit score IF you have a great explanation? (like a recent credit event within the past 2 months caused your score to swan-dive)
Having lots of experience (recent experience) again, don’t mention 2008 or prior…and most lenders may look the other way and consider you a better risk.
What if you don’t have recent experience and your score is not 650+? Then I’d be prepared to bring 15% down-payment, and it doesn’t necessarily need to be seasoned or sourced, but it has to be documented..so have a statement to prove you have it.
Also, I have a great contact that I use for credit repair and authorized user trade lines (I know the account holders) – just ask me for those referrals!
What if you have no experience, and have no down-payment, but have good credit 680+ fico? I’d suggest you apply for my unsecured-credit program to raise up to $250,000 unsecured credit lines/cards in 1-2 weeks to create a 100% financing scenario!
If you are a great candidate – have completed multiple flips and/or rental purchase/acquisitions within the past 24 months, 650+ fico, and 3-6 months of interest reserves in your bank account, I can roll out the red carpet for you in most cases: 90% LTC or 90% purchase, 100% of rehab, luxury spec builds/construction to $2M-$50M, commercial refinances with cash-out or purchase 75%-80%, even small loans from $50k.
Niche Loans: Gap Loans – These are 2nd TD loans that we make behind our 1st TD’s, never others. We will gap great candidates with lots of deal flow that have experience, capital, average to good credit and the deal must be in an urban area and pencil at or under 65% of ARV (after-repaired-value) Lots of our lenders make loans nationwide.
Commercial Financing- 3yr/8yr/ fixed, special pricing this month! Hotel, Apartment, Industrial, Self Storage, Solar Projects, Multi-Family, Office, Warehouse, NNN properties, Shopping Center, Assisted Living, Residential portfolios, Construction Loans, Mobile home Parks, Resort properties. Bridge loans, SBA
We can make QUICK (3-5 day loans) against Free/Clear properties up to 50% LTV, max loan is $50k, the minimum is $5,000!
With my 16th year in real estate, I’d consider myself a massive resource center, and its hard to turn those contacts into a commodity, I hope points & rates won’t keep the best candidates from reaching out! Most of the time, I only give the best deals to people whom I have done business with (broke bread) once we feed each other, I know we have a mutually beneficial relationship.
Let’s finish the year strong and build some alliances!
Greg@FixandFlippers.com – 323-632-3279